Toronto Psychological Services & Research Centre is looking for a full-time Individual and Couples Therapist.
The Individual and Couples Therapist works under the direct supervision of a Registered Clinical/Counselling Psychologist as an integral clinical team member using methods and findings of psychology and psychological theories to increase the wellbeing of clients presenting with any of the following type of concerns: anxiety, depression, bipolar and other mental health concerns, personality disorders, adjustment to physical illness, neurodevelopmental disorders, externalizing behaviours, addictive behaviors, eating disorders, behaviour disorders, inadequate parenting skills, personal, couples and family problems, ADHD and learning disabilities. The Individual and Couple Therapist formulates treatment plans and provides ongoing individual, couples, group, and family therapy via cognitive behavioural therapies, play therapy, and emotion focused therapy.
- Assess clients’ needs, abilities and behaviour utilizing psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behaviour methods.
- Consult with teachers, doctors, nurses, social workers, health visitors, school health nurses, occupational therapists and physiotherapists or any other involved professionals.
- Develop requisite skills to produce high-quality assessment and therapeutic work.
- Direct and monitor treatment programs.
- Document measurable progress and observations in client record.
- Collect and analyze behavioural data and communicate results to the team.
- Offer therapy and expertise for treating clients with anxiety, depression, addictions, social and interpersonal problems, challenging behaviour and other difficult problems.
- Consult with clinical team and take part in IPS formulation and reviews.
- Submit Service Activity Logs (SAL), Time Sheets, and Monthly Schedules to Administrative Assistant.
- Participate in peer reviews and supervision as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work or related from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in mental health preferred.
- Registration as a Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Social Worker preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative professional environment
- Familiarity in organization, development and participation in preventative programs (e.g. Youth Anti-Violence programs)
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse community and/or environment.
- Exceptional Written and Verbal Proficiency
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Self-Care & Stress
- Coachable with a Growth Mindset
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org